Support for Remote Work
Faculty needing assistance with remote instruction, use of Canvas, and the best ways to utilize the services and applications below for connecting with your students, should contact your dean or department/division offices for guidance. Support materials are available on the Fullerton College Distance Education website at https://online.fullcoll.edu/.
Accessing your Email
You can access your campus email from remote locations by visiting https://exchange.fullcoll.edu
Staying in touch with your colleagues and students
In addition to using Email to stay in touch with your colleagues and students, we offer several other options:
- Microsoft Teams provides a shared work space where you can chat with text, voice or video, share files and interact with your colleagues or students. Teams can be used both in browsers and through desktop & mobile clients.
- Skype also provides real-time text, audio and video chat but requires a desktop or mobile client.
These services are provided through Office 365 that can access by visiting https://o365.fullcoll.edu and providing your campus Email Address, and campus FCNet password.
Sharing and Collaborating Files
OneDrive can replace local shared drives, allowing access to your team’s shared files from any device. Sharing files through Outlook or Teams is easy. Security allows you to decide who should be able to access a file or folder. OneDrive can be accessed through any browser, as well as with desktop and mobile clients. To access OneDrive through your browser visit https://o365.fullcoll.edu and login with your campus Email Address and campus FCNet password.
As staff and faculty of the Fullerton College, you are eligible for a Zoom Conference account available through the California Community College Tech Center at https://www.conferzoom.org/ConferZoom/SignUp – this valuable resource can be used for meetings between employees and conferencing with students.
Adobe Creative Cloud
As a result of campus closure, access to Adobe Creative Cloud in labs and classrooms is not available. Adobe has provided temporary at-home access for impacted staff and faculty, so that they can continue their work remotely. This will allow you to download and install Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and other Creative Cloud applications until July 6th.
Detailed instructions on accessing the Adobe Creative cloud is available in our AccessAdobeProductsCovid.pdf document that you can download by clicking here.
- Visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com and use your @fullcoll.edu email address and campus password to sign in.
- If prompted, select Company or School Account
- From the Creative Cloud website, browse for and download your desired app. Click Apps on the top of the page to view all apps
For more information on how to download or install apps, see Download and Install Creative Cloud apps. If you have any questions regarding this additional support from Adobe, please visit this HelpX page.
Those users with access to DegreeWorks should be able to access the system by visiting: https://dw.nocccd.edu/DashboardServlet/dashboard
Virtual Private Network
Fullerton College provides a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection that allows you to connect to campus network resources from your home computer.
VPN is required for accessing the following services from off campus:
- Argos (also requires Remote Desktop)
- BANNER (also requires Remote Desktop)
Before you can access VPN and Remote Desktop, you must get approval from your Manager and/or Dean. Once you have received approval from your Manager and/or Dean, submit a Service Request that includes the name of your Manager/Dean, the NOCCD Inventory Tag number of your campus desktop computer, the office number and location within that office of your computer, so that Academic Computing may grant you the necessary permissions and verify that your desktop computer is configured correctly to utilize these services.
After installing FortiClient VPN you will need to click on the Configure VPN link and provide the following information:
Connection Name: FCNet
Remote Gateway: fcvpn.fullcoll.edu
You can download detailed instructions by clicking on the following link: VPN Installation Files, Click to Download
Remote Desktop Access
The Fullerton College FCNet supports Remote Desktop Access where you will be able to use your home computer to remotely access your desktop on campus. This feature is currently being activated for users on an as-needed basis. Please contact your Manager or Dean if you believe you need this access.
Please note: If you have been approved for Remote Desktop Access, it will only work if your desktop computer at Fullerton College is left powered on. Please leave your campus computer powered on, for the duration of the Covid-19 emergency and do not put it to sleep. Allowing the screen saver to turn on is okay.
If you have been approved for a campus issued Laptop and VPN access, we can also make a Cisco Softphone available that lets you use your campus phone remotely. Instructions are available by clicking here, CIPCUserGuide
Many of our vendors and partners have also shared resources with us to assist you:
- The Microsoft Education team has shared a blog to help schools learn how to ramp up remote learning programs quickly with Microsoft Teams.
- The Microsoft EDU team has built a new landing page to help guide educators on how to implement a remote classroom through Teams. It can be accessed at ms/TeamEDURemote.
- Educators can also access a free recorded webinar series on Teams as a Learning Management System.
- For a live webinar experience, educators and IT administrators can register for upcoming Teams workshops through the Microsoft Teams for Education Events
- The EDU Remote Learning with Microsoft Teams – Getting Started Overview is a guide that provides helpful quick tips for getting started
- Educators can learn more about the benefits of Office 365 Education through the Getting Started with Office 365 and Windows 10 Educator Course.